Dmitry Rukhlenko | Shutterstock
After a walking tour of the old quarter of Cochin, you can enjoy a classical Indian Kathakali dance performance. The next day, you’ll embark on a gentle cruise of one of Kerala’s most famous characteristics – its flowing network of backwaters, and stay the night on a luxurious houseboat. Heading inland, you’ll get to witness the incredible landscape of Periyar’s spice plantations, and an early morning jungle walk or boat ride at the Sanctuary here will expose some of India’s most fascinating wildlife – from old world monkeys and porcupines to wild Asian elephants. Your last two days can be spent relaxing on the coast near Kovalam and sampling some of the age old Ayurvedic spa treatments, famous to this region.
- Stay in some of the best boutique hotels in the state - you won't be disappointed!
- Explore the historic port city of Cochin with its 16th century Mattancherry Palace, and the world's oldest Jewish synagogue.
- Cruise the myriad of Keralan backwaters on a luxurious houseboat.
- Take a jungle walk around the Periyar National Park & Tiger Reserve, spotting bison and sambar along the way.
- Sample some of the age old Ayurvedic spa treatments in Kovalam and let your worries drift away.
Price for 7-night add-on stay from £1699 per person
All tours are private and based on a minimum of two people traveling. They are in addition to your holiday package and do not include international flights. All India tours are booked as part of a holiday package. We recommend incorporating an India Tour as part of a holiday of ten nights or more, with the chance to explore Goa after your tour. Contact our dedicated sales team who can help to tailor-make the right holiday for you.
For more information about this tour, please contact our Goa specialists: